Sunday, April 14, 2013

Odds Against

I have received an official verbal warning from my darling husband.  Either I start writing my blog again, or there will be consequences!  Not sure what they will be, maybe he'll stop paying for my pedicures?  Or ban me from the swimming pool?  Anyway, here I am.

I have loads to write about.  Our trip to America. The Johnny Clegg concert we took Alex along to last week.  Dust storms. Steph's birthday.  Dust storms.  Camping at the Inland Sea. Dust storms.

But, if I think about tackling all those things, I'll put off the writing and never actually get started, so I'm going to start with today.

What do you think the odds are of a manhole cover breaking as you drive over it?

Well, that happened to me this morning.  Fortunately I was going very slowly (about to pull into a parking bay), and was able to reverse the car out without damage (making a nice change.  I'm on first names basis with the panel beating guy at Hyundai).
The worst part was the dozens of huge American Cockroaches which scurried out and chased my car as I reversed away.  Yuck, my skin is still crawling.....

No comments: