Saturday, November 24, 2012

I need a sign around my neck...

OK, I admit it bravely, I have put on weight, courtesy of the steroids.  All those years of running and healthy eating were a waste of time.  I now weigh more than I did just before the babies were born.

Today I popped down to the local shop and met the shopkeeper, who's been away in India for 4 months holiday.  I remember you, he says, but you've got a little bit fat.

Last week I bumped into the school secretary that I hadn't seen since before the summer holidays.  Gosh, I say to her, I haven't seen you for ages, how was your summer?  Gosh, she says to me, you've put on so much weight!

I wandered down the passage to the accountants office to pay school fees.  Oh, says the accountant when he surprisingly asks for my children's names, I wasn't sure it was you, you've changed so much, you are so much bigger.

And so on.....  I'm trying not to be depressed about it.  Maybe I'll just go and buy myself some XXL clothes so that I feel better that my clothes are a bit baggy.  The only thing that stops me is that if they get tight, I'll have nowhere to go....

In the meantime, just a sign around my neck proclaiming "I'm not really fat, I'm just on steriods!" would be useful.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hi, I am Kim, new-ish to Doha and hoping to come along to the book club with Kathy, Lu, Suzanne etc. at the weekend, 28th April. Would be nice to meet you. I am also writing a blog which I find therapeutic. What I mean to say, is people shouldn't comment on your weight gain - it is mean and rude and my ethos is if you haven't got anything positive to say, don't say anything. Everyone gains weight when they come to Doha - myself included although having been quite ill, I have lost it all!

Kim Strong